BootsnAll Travel Network



Pyramids revisited

Last week a friend from DC showed up on our doorstep, asking to be taken in and shown around the city. Who are we to deny shelter and companionship? It’s been a blast to revisit sites in Cairo with a pair of fresh eyes and an intrepid spirit.

Last Saturday, L and I hopped on the bus to the Pyramids, which, I’ve got to say, are better the second time. Especially when the second time is in December rather than during the intense heat of the summer.

Three in a row
All lined up in a row.

Camel
Camel overlooks the city of Giza.

Dust Tornado
Dust tornadoes caused me to rub the dirt out of my eyes for two days after our visit.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Pyramids revisited”

  1. Kirsten Says:

    The photo with all 4 pyramids is fantastic!

    The story you posted a little later was funny too (though I can understand why it must have been a bit disconcerting at the time). I wonder why they became so fixated on you. That sort of thing happens to me with elementary school students, but never random kids on the street.

  2. Posted from Japan Japan
  3. admin Says:

    Thanks, Kirsten!

    Really, it’s not hard to take a great picture of the Pyramids though, especially when you take over 50 photos in a few hours. Ha!

    I don’t know what it is about the kids. I had kids befriending me at the Pyramids last week as well. My Arabic teacher said it’s because I look like an angel (ah, shucks!), but I don’t buy that.

    I never did answer your question about if Egypt or Japan is harder to live in as an American…I’m mulling it over and will get back to you soon!

Leave a Reply