BootsnAll Travel Network



Ok, here are photos you may actually like

Here are some photos of recent travels in Turkey.

Cappadocian valley
We traveled 12 hours by overnight bus to visit Cappadocia, a region in central Turkey famed for unusual rock formations created from erosion of layers of volcanic tuff and basalt. Definitely worth the 12 hours (24 hours really, counting the ride back to Istanbul…)

Underground room
In Cappadocia there are a number of underground cities carved by the locals as a place to hide from invaders and for storage in times of peace. This particular underground city we visited was eleven stories deep.

D in passageway
The passageways between rooms were built for only one person to pass at a time. This was a strategic move in that it allowed them to pick off the invaders one at a time as they descended into the city.

East meets West
East meets West. D and I took a ferry ride out on the Bosphorus River on our last day in Turkey. This bridge connects the European side of Istanbul (left side of pic) with the Asian side.

Tags: ,



No Responses to “Ok, here are photos you may actually like”

  1. Mark Says:

    Now THAT’s what I am talking about! Sarah: Alia sends her love!

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply