BootsnAll Travel Network



About Me

The thing is, most (well, in fact all – who am I trying to kid?) of the people reading this will be my family and friends, who are pretty much obliged to read it.  And let’s not beat around the bush, an obligation it is – there will be tests, essay questions, the lot, on ‘What Suze has been up to’.  Anyway, my point is that my family and friends will know all about me.  Or any of the interesting stuff, at any rate, and probably more of the non-interesting stuff than they care to think about.

Me

For those of you who have stumbled on to this blog looking for slightly giddy commentary, sweeping generalisations, and a strange mix of cynicism and naivety, or (more likely) you’re someone who knows me and has just forgotten some of the details, here’s the lowdown.

I’m 29 years old, (I’ll turn 30 on the road), and have lived most of my life in Manchester, England.  Career-wise I’ve taken a couple of wrong turns, first studying law at uni and then ending up in Human Resources (don’t hold it against me, please!).  I’ve got to the stage now where I know I want to do something different with my life, but seeing as my current list of possible career options goes something like “1. Ice Skater 2. Shoe Maker 3. Kylie Minogue” (and especially considering the last time I went ice skating I ended up with a knee the size of a honeydew melon), I think I need some time to think this one through.  Hence the upcoming time travelling round the world.

I’ve always had the travel bug, have loved holidays, languages, getting to new places, but never before have I had the opportunity to do something like this.

For a bit more background, some of my random favourite things (not counting family and friends) are:

1. Books – packing them up the other week just about broke my heart

2. Shoes – yeah I know, this sounds incredibly shallow, but I’m terrified I’ll forget how to walk in heels.

3. Bad tv.  Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing, Eurovision – you name it, I’m a fan.

4. Paris – my favourite place in the world, bar none.

Things I don’t like:

1. Coconuts – apart from being food of the devil, they also look like little old men.  In what messed-up world is that an acceptable thing to eat?

2. Sharks.  Illogical or not, I’m not giving these toothy creatures the chance to snack on my toes/legs/torso.

So, that’s me in a nutshell.  I fly out on 7th March and my first stop is Delhi.  Absolutely cannot wait.



Tags:

13 responses to “About Me”

  1. Phil says:

    Suze not delhi on march 9th did nobodyt tell you theres a great white shark convention on in that month.And you know they just love to jimmy Choo shoes.

  2. Mike Rolston says:

    Hi Suze

    Just testing whether my response gets through.There are so many wonderful experiences ahead of you and they will last a lifetime.
    Most importantly, take care as you must be alert all the time.

    Love

    Mike & Sheila

  3. Mum says:

    l. What does URI mean in the address box?

    2. When can I have my car back?

    3. Are mothers allowed to be envious…………….just thought I’d let you know I’m green with envy.

    4. Sorry, I know numbers l and 2 above are nothing to do with your trip but when did I ever stick to the rules???

    Love Mum

  4. Claire-Louise says:

    Hi Suze, A.K.A ” the littlest hobo ” for the next 18 months!!! Glad you set this website up to keep us updated on your travels. I will have to learn how to e-mail pictures to you to keep you updated from this end!! Glad we spent last weekend together, be a long time before we do again. Good excuse to book a girly one when you get back!! Love from C.L x x

  5. Michael says:

    Going to miss you loads while you’re away sis. I’m really proud to see you following your dreams and taking such a brave step. I know you will have some fabulous times and adventures, so I want to hear all about them. Hopefully Caroline and I will get the chance to come and find you at some point along your travels.

    All my love,
    Michael

    P.S. If you go to Chile you have to go to an Everton game, or at least get a souvenir shirt.

  6. admin says:

    Phil – don’t even joke about the sharks and the shoes! Just the thought of it gives me the shivers.

    Mike – thanks for the kind words! I’m promising everyone to take lots of care while I’m away. I have fairly good intuition (famous last words, I know!), and I’m hoping to become a bit of a hippy child – the universe is protecting us all in some sort of way.

    Mum – 1. I’ve explained. 2. Delivered back to you already (until I sell my car) 3. You are allowed to be envious, as Steve the Dentist reminded me! Your mega-trip last year was my inspiration, so thanks. 4. When did you ever stick to the rules?

    CL – I’ll be singing that tune all day long! “Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on”. Does that make me a cocker spaniel?! Looking forward to The Raz on the 25th, bring it on!

    Michael – the souvenir shirt will be in the post! That can be your Christmas pressie. It would be so fab to meet up with you and C, if possible.

  7. Anna says:

    Suzie!

    I can’t begin to tell you how much I’m going to miss you – I already am and you haven’t even left yet!!

    Will be following your travels closely, and don’t you DARE bring back or send anymore Christmas decorations…!

    xxx

  8. Tony Rolston says:

    Hi Suzie
    On Sharks:
    As me old dad said to the Great White
    You keep out of my pub and I’ll keep out of your sea
    On the Intinerary:
    Didn’t see Africa on the list – must have dropped off
    On Travel:
    Just keep going
    On Chickens in Asia:
    Avoid at all costs
    Otherwise I wish I could do it, keep us posted take care

  9. Julie says:

    This site is a great ides Suze to keep us updated with all your travels and where you are up to. Our Chris has just booked his 12month trip. He leaves in November. Just like your mum I am green with envy!!!

  10. Andy says:

    Suzanne – does the fact that you’re going away mean that I can have dinner at your mums instead of you? And does she know I like pies for Christmas, birthdays, easter, Hanukkah, Sundays and months beginning with ‘J’?

    See you Sunday – remember my rule on bald people. None in the street.

    Andy.x

    Ps. To cement the mother and surrogate-mum relationship I also don’t know what URI means.

  11. Sarah says:

    Hurrah! I have finally joined the technological age and worked out how to do this!!

    Wonderful, brave and slightly crazy Suzie, what an exciting adventure you have in front of you!

    Don’t want to go on about how much I’ll miss you – though I will terribly. Have the most amazing time and stay safe.

    One request – please tell me the scary things you do after the event so I only have to worry retrospectively!

    XXX

  12. Lisa says:

    Good luck on your travels Suze, I look forward to hearing all about the TEFL – let me know what I’m letting myself in for!

    Spain’s great – although weather’s just like the UK – wet and windy!!!

    Hope this get to you….it’s all very new to me this blogging thing!!!

    Good luck and enjoy
    Leese x

  13. Carole says:

    Dear Suze,

    What wonderful sights, adventures and memories await you. How fabulous, I am really envious. Give my love to the wonderful people (and animals) of Sri-Lanka. If you get the chance get on the Green Turtle bus adventure whilst in Australia – now that is an experience!!!!!!! I’ll be thinking of you and no doubt getting regular updates from your Mum.

    Tons of hugs

    Carole
    x x x x x x x x x

  14. Jack Xie says:

    Dear Suze,

    Would you suggest that my wife ,one 10yo daughter & myself to travel by bus or train to & fro Xiamen-Guangzhou?We plan to travel to China in late August 2006 from Malaysia.

    Await yr revert.

    TQ

    Jack Xie & family
    MALAYSIA