BootsnAll Travel Network



Must Haves – Updated 12.02.2006

We’ve put together a list of “things to bring” that we are extremely happy to have with us. Many of the items on this list were reccommended by friends and family who very were generous helpful to share packing tips from their experiences (THANK YOU!). The information was extremely useful for us and we wanted to share the wealth as maybe it will be useful for you too. FYI, we plan on updating this list accordingly with more items that we find useful along the way.

————————————-

Tiger Balm: Our little tub of magic. A little bit takes away aches and pains and will sooth the meanest insect bites. You’ll smell like a waliking Chinese medicine cabinet, but beats the heck out of smelling like day 3 B.O.!

Compression bags: These giant, heavy duty zip-lock bags with one-way vents allow you to save tons of space in your packs. A must!

Multi-purpose camp towel: Nothing like modern material technology to provide a soft, light, super absorbant, quick-drying, and compressable towel to use on the road. Bonus that it’s machine washable, odor-free AND made of anti-bacterial material. YAHOO!

Duct tape: It can fix anything!!! The list includes Anthony’s money belt, a broken window screen, a hole in Anthony’s rain pants, and a zip-lock bag.

Sarong: Use it as a towel, sheet, clothing or wrap.

Sleep sheet: Avoid contact with nasty sheets and keep yourself covered from mean mosquitoes.

Chopsticks: Best utensils ever invented.

Cheap flip-flops: Avoid the nasty-nasties of the bathroom floor and in the shower. Wear them in, wear them out.

Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint soap: Might not seem as a Must Have at first, but after not showering for days and roughin’ it for awhile, there is NOTHING better than washing down with this heavenly peppermint goodness. An all-natural, environmentally-friendly soap that you can use for everything (shampoo, skin, brushing your teeth, laundry).

– Shan



Tags:

Leave a Reply