Apr 11

SE Asia: Siam Reap Day 3

by in Cambodia, Travel

I must firstly apologise if you are insanley bored reading what I am doing everyday. I want to make it sound more exciting, really I do, but I think I end up just churning out whatever I’ve done that day, which seems like it’s coming across more boring than it actually is.

For example, I may take a bus ride, which sounds boring, but on that particular bus ride, I may see a little man standing on top of a water buffalo, playing a flute. In the middle of a rice field. Playing a flute. As you do. See? More exciting than it first seems, yes?

But apologies aside, If I don’t keep a record of what I do every day, I know I will forget in two weeks, so this is for me as much as you, ok? So quit your whinging and think of how much work you are avoiding because of me. Ah, not so boring now am I…

Ok, back to me (because I can) – we decided we were templed out and spent the day by the pool swimming and sunbaking. Um, and that’s pretty much it. Although, as you can imagine, it was much more exciting that I am making it sound. You know how it is.

-Sarah

Tags: , , ,

3 Responses to “SE Asia: Siam Reap Day 3”

  1. From Sarah Jane:

    Hi Sweetie,
    So glad your having a fun time and that your not starving or crazy enough to eat fried cockroaches! Your blog is not the slightest bit boring! Just the other day Sarah Ruth (AKA Mrs Walters) and I were discussing how much fun we are having reading it. We are both surprised how well your writing or the retelling of your adventure is, we love the quirky comments you have been leaving and we can almost hear your voice. It’s great being able to jump on line each day and check what you have been up to. (little disapointing when you’ve been having to much fun to write). It makes it seem like you’re not that far away. Can’t wait to have you home though! Missing you lots.
    All my love Sarah Jane x x

    Posted on 12. Apr, 2007 at 9:42 am #
  2. From keanna:

    You see sweets, These stories are good, and are not as boring as what you make out that they are… However, i could imagin you sitting at penshurst, in a house, dishing out all these stories, for ppl who are so gulable, they would beleive anything.. unfortunatly, in this day and age, we ARE gullable, those who wish to dismiss this comment, normally stand out from the croud. However, if we do follow ur wild goose chase, which we are, i give you the best of luck (hahaha, such a mom thing to say) and tell you to be good, little hashbadankie….

    – mwa mwa-
    xoxo Keanna

    Posted on 13. Apr, 2007 at 2:53 pm #
  3. From admin:

    Keanna – yeah well maybe I am still at home just making up all these stories for your entertainment, but $1 cocktails? C’mon, I would be hard pressed to be creative enough to think that one up….nope afraid it’s all true, my bank account can prove it.

    xoxo

    Posted on 13. Apr, 2007 at 5:07 pm #
  4. From garry morton:

    G’day Kiddo

    I don’t think that your stuff is boring at all so please keep it coming …I think you should take up writing …why not??

    The cockroaches sound yummy…well, maybe a bit yummy..hope you are keeping yourself fit as usual …you know, the 50 push ups every morning, then the run…eh??

    Everyone at home is fine. The weather is Autumn, my favourite season. Your trip to SE Asia certainly will open your eyes …they are not too concerned about life other than it has to be lived. The poverty has never changed nor has the mentality …the poor o’l Doctor with the Cello makes a big difference but you’ve got to admit it, we certainly live in the land of milk and honey.

    Look after yourself and have lots of fun. Everyone misses you …even me!

    Lots of luv

    Dad. xxxxxxxxxxxx

    Posted on 13. Apr, 2007 at 5:08 pm #
  5. From Belly (Lu):

    hahahahahahahaha oh bless. makes me laugh… hard. Keep it comin, keep it comin.
    Yallah
    Belly

    Posted on 25. Apr, 2007 at 10:23 pm #

Leave a Reply