Apr 15

SE Asia: Bangkok (last day)

by in Thailand, Travel

It was one of those really long days, kind of like Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, where nobody feels like doing anything and nothing is open. And normally you would just chill out at home or visit friends, and you could always rely on McDonald’s to be open.

Normally you could also count on walking down the street without having water thrown on you. We couldn’t rely on any of the above, and having washed and dried our clothes ready for flights, weren’t too keen on continuing the new year celebrations, despite the heat.

So we ate pizza, chilled out and caught up on emails. It was a long day.

The following morning – an early flight, another airport, a different currency. Next stop, Nepal.

-Sarah

PS As I will be trekking for the next two weeks or so, I won’t be able to update this blog, so you will have to make do with Desperate Housewives or Grey’s Anatomy for your entertainment. I know, they’re not as entertaining, but you will make it. I promise! I also haven’t been able to upload photos, so again you’re going to have to wait until I am in London. Why wait for photos of waterfalls and pigs when you can have mountains, waterfalls and pigs – I know, enticing right? Right?

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply