Apr 29

Nepal: Namche Bazar 3440m (Day 5)

by in Nepal, Travel

Today was a rest day. A day of rest, of acclimatisation, where we could look out over the snow-capped mountains and sing edleweiss, if we so chose.

So what did we do but climb another mountain for 4 hours, only to come back down again. I understand the reasoning, I do, but to climb down knowing you have to just climb back up tomorrow is a bit daunting.

It was a tough but great trek though, and there were a few who mentioned that they didn’t feel like taking photos because they felt you should have to put the effort in to deserve that view. Except I didn’t think anyone would believe me if I didn’t have proof, so I took photos.

After lunch back at the tea house, we wandered the street stalls and found an internet cafe, which was a great idea. We also ate chocolate doughnuts, which wasn’t a great idea. If it’s not packaged by Coke or Mars my friends, it’s not 100% safe.

But my stomach didn’t let me down, which was a good thing, because there is really nothing between breakfast, lunch and dinner and with my appetite I resigned myself to the fact that this would be a self-imposed diet.

Until I found enough snacks to keep me going for the next few days. Two words – Coke and Mars. Coke and Mars.

-Sarah

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply