May 01

Nepal: Lukla 2820m (Day 16)

by in Nepal, Travel

The few days before Christmas are always hard. You try to finish as much work as you can before holidays, shopping malls are packed with last-minute-mums and the rush to get Christmas cards out (and to who?) is a continually postponed chore. But despite this, everyone is so damn happy – because no matter how hard it is, it’s almost Christmas, right?

On that last day, it was like we could hear the sleigh bells ringing, the end was that close. It was all uphill, 200m over about 4 hours, but the mood was so light you would be forgiven for thinking the increase in oxygen had affected us. We couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces on arrival in Lukla that afternoon, and celebrated with some red wine and yak steak with fries for supper.

It was the simple things we missed most, a proper bathroom, clean clothes, and being warm with a full belly. And although a lost my Sketchers shoes (damn it), my beanie, a bit of weight and a lot of sleep, I gained an insight into Nepalese Himalayan culture, and the most spectacular scenery in the world that no photography could ever do justice.

Especially my photography, because I doubt it does anything justice.

-Sarah

Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Nepal: Lukla 2820m (Day 16)”

  1. From keanna:

    I told you i’d write, i just didn’t tell you what i would say!.. and just breifly, you have been gone about what? a couple of months, and you have already lost the shoes thet you would bascially need to live in for the next year or so… well done! haha.. well chat to you l8r babe.. and as to beyonce… or Xtina.. which one would you like to see again?.. i’ll tell you what, i’ll let you know, which one is better!! lol.. mwaz xoxo Keanna

    Posted on 02. May, 2007 at 6:34 pm #
  2. From admin:

    I know! The loss of my pink Sketchers are truly a sad time for me. But what is this I hear?? Beyonce AND Xtina? Are you going to both?

    No, don’t tell me. Ok, do. But don’t brag. Too much. And find out if they are in Canada or US after October 🙂

    Be good pumpkin xoxo

    -Sarah

    Posted on 03. May, 2007 at 12:07 am #

Leave a Reply