May 03

Nepal: Kathmandu 1350m (Day 16)

by in Nepal, Travel

We had woken, packed, eaten, dressed, walked, flew, landed, drove and arrived in Kathmandu before the shops were even open. My first shower in many, many days was insanely long and it was the first time I was truly clean in about two weeks (maybe a bit longer, but I wouldn’t ever admit that to you, would I?).

I handed a garbage bag full of disgustingly dirty clothes to a poor little Nepalese man before catching up on internet and eating a huge plate of french fries for lunch, and wandered around the shops for the afternoon before catching up with the group for dinner at 6pm.

Technically, our tour was over once we arrived at the hotel, but noone was flying out until the next morning at the earliest, so it was a good chance to relax with a beer and some pizza as our last meal together. I don’t actually know when I will be flying out of Nepal, anytime between tomorrow and two weeks from now – so this time next week I will either still be here and perhaps volunteering at the orphanage, or I will be in Italy.

Some time ago I would have been paraletic with fear that my plans weren’t set in stone, but it’s nice not knowing what you’re doing sometimes, living day to day, flying by the seat of your pants, so to speak.

As long as you trust your travel agent. And know somebody in London.

-Sarah

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply