Jun 16

Europe: Paros

by in Greece, Travel

After a lazy morning we had a quick 40 minute transfer from Mykonos to Paros the following day, having said goodbye to a few travelling companions who would be staying longer (and who would get to go to the Paradise Pool Party on Friday night, damn it) and welcoming a few who were joining our group.

Paros was much less hectic that Mykonos, more a quiet fishing village than a party island. We enjoyed a nice dinner next to the beach before having an early night. Almost all my group hired quad bikes to discover the tiny villages scattered throughout the island the following day. Personally I don’t believe Greece has ever found the need for any road rules, so felt safer walking through the streets of Parikia and catching the public bus through the rocky, hilly landscape to Naoussa.

Both towns were small and quaint, and I spent the day walking, window shopping and just chilling out which was nice. The whitewashed walls, blue shutters, azure sky and brilliant bouganvillias deserved a million photos, but I held myself back. I think my family are still going through the ‘amazing moutain’ shots of Nepal, so I’m taking a wild guess and thinking shots of random white buildings are probably not appreciated. But I took a few anyway. Just in case.

-Sarah

 

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply