Oct 04

Egypt: Mt Sinai – Cairo

by in Egypt, Travel

It was an easy trek down Mt Sinai and we barely had time for breakfast, a shower and a longing glance at our unslept in beds at the hotel before the 8-hour journey back to Cairo.

The hotel staff in Cairo welcomed me back like a long lost friend, and the group celebrated our last night together at the local restaurant with the ‘Best Juices in Egypt’ (a title not given lightly, let me tell you). We reminisced with photos, promised to catch up when our itineraries coincided, and parted ways the next morning, sadly bringing my two months in Africa to an end.

I truly loved Egypt – it is full of contrasts, exceeding all expectations and providing a glimpse into an ancient world of love and war while moving forward with full steam ahead in the 21st century. Though I wouldn’t dream of living there, it is perhaps one of my favourite places to date, though to compare it to anywhere else would be impossible, and a mistake.

Next stop, Canada.

-Sarah

Tags: ,

No Responses to “Egypt: Mt Sinai – Cairo”

  1. From Richard:

    Hey, I just read your great posts about Egypt. Sounds like you had a great group… how did you pick a tour group?? I’m headed there next year and will be solo some of the time, but it’s also nice to have someone else make the plans for a few days! Thanks

    Posted on 16. Nov, 2007 at 8:14 am #
  2. From admin:

    Hi Richard – I loved tours for some of my RTW as I got to see the locals the way you never do on your own, and don’t have to do most of the organising! (some people like doing it differently though). I would recommend looking up a few different tour groups and deciding based on where they are going (would you rather the desert, the nile, or both?) and how much the ‘optional’ activities will cost you – my tour was slightly more expensive than I planned due to so many optional activities available, however I would definitely recommend it, it’s called SAILTREK AND SINAI by IMAGINATIVE TRAVELLER (www.imaginative-traveller.com).

    Have fun!

    -Sarah

    Posted on 16. Nov, 2007 at 9:19 am #

Leave a Reply