Oct 07

Canada: Calgary, AB

by in Canada, Travel

It snowed on my third day in Calgary. Snowed. Is it just me or does it seem completely insane that I was snorkelling one minute and being snowed on the next?

After a lengthy discussion with the immigration guy on where I should live in Canada, (‘Well m’aam, you got the choice of being very cold or very wet. And some places you got the choice of being both.’) I was stamped through as a working resident of Canada for 12 months and crashed on my hostel bed for a long, deep sleep.

Calgary is a very pretty town, small enough to view the countryside and mountains from a few floors up but developed enough for a city feel, with skyscrapers and malls galore. It was ironic to see the fall colours in abundance – yellows, reds and browns, some tree branches already bare – like a memory I have only experienced vicariously through TV and books.

I had three days in Calgary, one of those spent recovering from jetlag and the other two in bed, sick from what I have decided to call the now familiar ‘Sarah-moves-continents’ flu. Which meant I didn’t really see much of Alberta, so I don’t really have much to report. Except that it snowed.

-Sarah

Tags: ,

One Response to “Canada: Calgary, AB”

  1. From kea:

    Just To Let U KNow Little Kerrie From That LIttle PLace, “Down Under” i Like to Call Aussie Land, Was Here. 🙂 Sa-a-bear.. When are you coming home.. haha.. it’s been too long. haha.. you are turning into one of those relitives that we don’t talk to all year, but send a christmas card. Hmmm.. well i hope you are re-covering muchly due to your “Travelling flu”.. Yes i know your pain sweetie, It must be hard travelling the world. :).. okay okay.. well i miss you muchly.. and love you muchly more.. so be safe hasbedanki. Be good. and smile :]

    mwa mwa ciao ciao Bella! xoxoxoxxox

    Posted on 08. Oct, 2007 at 8:43 pm #
  2. From admin:

    Miss you too little one, I know you’re not the only sister 🙂 I hope you will send a boring Christmas card when we finally have a place to live – Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without random boring Christmas cards from relatives you don’t speak to all year….

    Love S xoxox

    Posted on 09. Oct, 2007 at 9:54 am #

Leave a Reply