BootsnAll Travel Network



Koh Tao, Thailand

img_2760.jpg

Sunset at the Koh Tao Resort

Today feels like the calm before the storm.  We’re just wrapping up a 4 day trip to the quiet island of Koh Tao where there’s little to do except relax.  Tomorrow afternoon two of our friends from the U.S. ,Tri and Billy, arrive and we’re going to spend the next 8 days in Thailand with them.  We’re a little nervous about what lies ahead and we’re sure there will be lots of late nights.  They both have distinguished partying credentials, Tri was president of his college fraternity and Billy was a 3 year starting offensive lineman for Washington State Univeristy.  Right now all we can do is concentrate on hydrating before they arrive.    

In the meantime, our days have been pretty uneventful since there’s not much to do on a tiny, secluded island.  Shelly continues to work on her tan at the hotel pool and is as dark as a coffee bean.  While she’s tanning I’ve been able to go diving every morning.  I think I’m currently up to 9 dives in Thailand and it’s nice to get some exercise.  The sites around Koh Tao are amazing and are probably the best in the Gulf of Thailand.  I’ve seen plenty of grey sharks, moray eels, barracuda, and trigger fish. 

img_2740.jpg     img_2752.jpg

A few shots diving around Koh Tao

I also rented a scooter to get around the island and it cost a measly 200 baht (about $7 US) for 24 hours.  I barely fit on it, but it does the job.  The hardest part is just remembering to drive on the left side of the road, which I will probably never get used to. 



Tags:

2 responses to “Koh Tao, Thailand”

  1. Shelly Hansen says:

    Hi Nate and Shelly!!!

    How awesome to be touring Thailand! One of my favorite Deaf students back in Edmonds was a Thai student. He came to America specifically for an education and learned ASL amazingly fast for a teen. His mother was on the housekeeping staff of the Royal family in Thailand. Their sign for Americans amounts to “Big Nose.” :O)

    We’re good here~ Erik has his first HS baseball game today, we’ll see how that goes! Anna’s snoozing by the fire after a sleepover at a friend’s last night. Jo is doing homework preparing for the WASL and I’m working on the final exam for the class I’m teaching. Paul is working on our back yard and doing taxes. We’ve got all sorts of rabbits where we live, and he put in a fence and they are now hopping along like Peter Rabbit trying to figure out a way into Mr. McGreggor’s gardens…

    Got your postcard from the Serengetti! Thanks for thinking of us and writing.

    God bless xoxox

    Shelly

  2. Kelly says:

    Hi Guys! So glad you are doing well and having fun. Have a Thai beer for us( Ross loves them). Shelly- Keep buying those shoes….can’t wait to see those boots 🙂

    Be safe and look forward to hearing what you are up too!
    Love
    Kelly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *