BootsnAll Travel Network



Banana Transactions

In case you were wondering, I’m still alive, and here are the pictures to prove it. Well, they don’t prove I’m alive, unless I’ve turned into a monkey. Sorry for those of you who have been following my blog. I’ve been doing a lot of nothing lately, just staying in Bangkok with June. I’m starting to consider teaching english here, somewhere in Asia, not necessarily Thailand. Traveling is losing it’s fun for me, and I feel it’s time to start becoming productive again, and start making money. But I don’t think I’m ready to come home yet. There is nothing for me there, just my old job. I’ll see what happens.

Oh, and I did go to Singapore for a week. That was pretty cool. It was nice being in a much developed country, where everything was clean, and you can drink the water. But it was too expensive to stay very long.

Tomorrow I am going to Malaysia, because my Thai visa expires. Then I’ll start thinking about whether or not I will try teaching.

Anyway, here are some monkeys. These are from Ao Nang Beach in Krabi, Thailand. These seem to be wild monkeys. When I first saw them, my first thought was, “Okay, who’s profitting off of these monkeys.” But no one asked me for any money. They are on the (I think) east end of the beach where the wooded, rocky, hilly area starts. They all hang out there because people feed them, I guess. Maybe there is a person selling bananas for you to feed to them, but I didn’t see any banana transactions taking place while I was there. But there was at least one tourist with a bag of bananas feeding the monkeys.

Click the pictures on to see bigger them. I think I’ll be a good english teacher.

Four Monkeys On Beach

Beach Stroll

Mom & Kid Monkey

Grooming Monkeys

Sucking Teet

The obligatory phallic symbol.

Phallic Symbol

Mark



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Banana Transactions”

  1. Lisa says:

    Mark,

    Nelson and I have caught up on a lot of your photos and journals and think it is just amazing that you “took the plunge” and really made this adventure happen for yourself – N. said specifically “His eyes and face look different – like he’s seen some s**t now and is totally changed.” Even more fascinating is that u r thinking about staying and working there now – I’m sure living there is much more affordable than Sarasota is becoming. N and I are planning on a trip to Colorado in Sept, see some friends and catch up with the pace of life out West – If he likes it as much as I did (and maybe even still do) might think about moving back there. Take care and say Hi to June for us,

    -Lisa

  2. Stephen says:

    You aint no english Teacher – how you gonna learn them – when you can’t learn yo-self.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *