BootsnAll Travel Network



Worst Case Scenario

Sorry for the dramatics. It’s only worse case for my Blog. Thailand is still intact and holding. Well if you have been following closely to the updates that I had put up on the Military Coup here in Thailand, you know it was pretty exciting around here for a couple days. Things have pretty much calmed down for the moment. If you were really watching closely, before the servers went down, you saw that I even spent a day out at Governement House, where all the tanks and soldiers are, taking pictures of the latest tourist attraction in Bangkok, Tank Row. Unfortunately, as with Murphy’s Law, the last few blogs have been lost forever. The servers at Bootsnall crashed a couple days ago and they lost all the entries that I’ve done all the way back to August 17th. The worst part for me is that since August 17th, I’ve filled in entries that have been missing from about June 15th to August 16th. Hundreds of hours of entries were lost. Fortunately, with the help of Google cache, Yahoo cache and Chris at Bootsnall, I have been able to reassemble most of what was there before their server blowup except for the real time war correspondent entries from the last few days here in Bangkok. That I’m really upset about that because the emotion, sense of urgency, the unknown… was all captured in the entries that came after the coup in near real time. I’m heading out of the country in a few hours and most likely won’t have much time to blog in Lao. Don’t know what the internet connections are like up there. I just know that ATMs are scarce.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *