BootsnAll Travel Network



ShenZhen

OK, there’s not a lot to say about this city as there is nothing more than a tacky theme park called Window to the World or something like that where they have a model of the pyramids, Eiffel Tower… The only real thing to do is shop for really cheap stuff. You can get all kinds of clothes, shoes, electronics… for pennies on the dollar. Unfortunately, the problem with really cheap stuff is that, It’s really cheap stuff. I bought a couple flash drives quite cheaply and they seemed to work fine, but on further testing, at least 1 doesn’t actually hold data. I bought a 2GB flash drive and it seemed to hold music and files, until you unplug the drive and test it again. One of the reasons I didn’t have pictures for the secret wall post is that I had put a lot of my pictures on the drive only to lose them when I tried to access them again after C went back to the States. Thanks to Pierre and Shirley, I at least had a few to post. It’s really annoying, but at least I had the sense to not trust it totally with my pictures and sent C home with copies of all of them. So basically, I just spent 3 or 4 days lazing around the Swiss Belhotel chatting with people from home and catching up on my blogging. I even bought an internet camera for $6 just so my nephew could see me while talking to him. I think he still remembers Uncle Ray. Oh also, it’s the last place to get cheap massages before heading into Hong Kong. Ahhhhh… Off to Hong Kong. I was going to take a few pictures of the hotel as visuals of Shenzhen, but I couldn’t be bothered.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *