BootsnAll Travel Network



Shaolin Temple via Luoyang

On my way to Xian, I decided to stop and visit the home of all Saturday afternoon Kung Fu Theater, The Shaolin Temple! It’s not the easiest place to get to, but after a long train ride to Luoyang and a long bus ride to the temple via another temple, I had arrived at the Mecca of Kung Fu afficionados. With the help of C in the States and my trusty cell phone, we were able to help a Dutch guy, Sil, find a temple where he could live and learn for the next couple weeks. I wonder if he’s still there now. The temple is enormous with literally thousands of students. I thought that since it was way out in the mountains that the air would be clean, fresh and breathable, but it was still “clearly” visible and hung heavily in my lungs. This clearly has to be the richest temple I’ve seen in China. They had clean bathrooms and ornate buildings. After seeing the thousands of tourists paying the stiff entrance fee 100Y, I can understand why they have to train so hard to keep from getting robbed. Here is my favorite picture from Shaolin Temple. Shaolin Ray  What do you think do I look the part??  Although there was no beer at the end of the tour, there was a 30 min presentation of the skills they’re learning to quench my thirst. Although I do have some reservations as to what it is exactly that they are teaching the students as evidenced by this picture.  Shaolin TechniquesI have to say it was well worth the trip to see where it all began. Just call me Kane.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *