BootsnAll Travel Network



Kuala Lumpur Petronas Towers

Petronas TowersAfter almost 13 years, I’ve returned to KL. I didn’t see much of KL the last time I was here because I spent most of my time in KL studying at Poh Gong Temple, a Taoist/Buddhist temple. But since I’m not a big fan of big cities, KL never has had much to offer. The only thing that remotely interested me was the ummm… “tallest twin tower buildings in the world”. They used to claim to be the tallest building in the world, but there is some doubt that it was ever really the tallest since the Sear’s Tower in my home town of Chicago is actually taller 1518ft vs 1483ft if you include the spires on top of both buildings. But in 2004 Taipei 101 eclipsed both for sure at 1670ft, which will soon be topped by a massive 2400+ft building in Dubai.

But I digress.

I find out that they only let like 1000 people up the towers everyday and if ur not in line by 9am, ur not getting up to the observation deck. The funny thing about Petronas Towers is that their observation deck in only 41 stories high on the bottom level of the skybridge. Now since I didn’t have anything else I wanted to do in KL and I was already there at 8:30am, I decided to wait in line to get my ticket to go up to the skybridge at 12:30pm. But all the time I’m thinking to myself that 41 stories is not that high nor very impressive since I’ve been to Taipei 101 already and hell, I’ve lived in a 34th story penthouse suite in Hong Kong set in the mid-levels that were higher than this stupid skybridge.

Observation DeckFortunately after I finally got a ticket, KLCC mall and the Mandarin Oriental Hotel are in the same complex and they’re air conditioned! If you’re in KL, I totally do not recommend wasting 4 hours of your life to see the “vista” from the skybridge.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *