BootsnAll Travel Network



Today and My Itinerary

Last night I slept in the hammock in Lara’s “living room” which was surprisingly very comfortable. I slept in today and just as I was about to go catch a minibus to Georgetown, the rain started. So I sat in the other hammock on the veranda and watched the rain pour down (right now, Guyana has a mild rainy season).

I took the minibus to Georgetown and was dropped off at Stabroek Market. I made my way to the Suriname embassy and asked how many passport photos I need for my visa. Then I made a few visits to different tour operators, and I finally decided to book a 5-day overland trip to Kaiteur Falls, the world’s tallest waterfalls. It should be very interesting… we will travel by boat, 4×4, and hiking. That leaves this Saturday, and I will get back next Wednesday. Then sometime that week, I am going to make my way to Suriname. I will stay with another Peace Corps girl on the east coast of Guyana before making my way to Paramaribo, where I will meet my Dutch friends. We’re going to do a trip to the interior in Suriname one week. Then my friend Anne’s boyfriend Ferdinand and I are going to hang out and maybe travel a little bit while our friends are at work. Then I’m hoping to make it to Barbados for a week-long cruise in the Caribbean, but if I don’t do that, I’ll probably spend a week in St. Lucia. I changed my ticket today so that I’m flying back into the states on Feb 19th, and then I am going to stay out on the east coast and do a little traveling there. A few days in DC and a few more in NYC. (Bowman, if you could hook me up with some cool Aiesecers to hang out with, I would totally appreciate it!)

Tomorrow I will just stay here at Lara’s and enjoy the heat. Maybe read a little and lay in the hammock on the veranda. And I’ll have to get 2 passport photos somewhere.



Tags: , ,

-1 responses to “Today and My Itinerary”

  1. Anonymous says:

    Welcome to Guyana! Just a random Guyanese guy who stumbled across your journal.

    Quite an experience seeing that cow being diced up huh? Made me laugh!

    I hope you have fun.

  2. Jessi says:

    Just wanted to let you know that Mom and Dad got their camera yesterday. They are really excited! The other camera hasn’t been picked up yet –I’m emailing them tomorrow if nothing happens. I’m getting really tired of being confined to the downstairs. Otherwise, nothing new. TTYL

  3. Julie Newhouse says:

    Katie – this is awesome… I just checked your journal for the first time, and I love it.. I am definitely going to keep track of you for the next couple months!! Have a great time and keep up the great journalism 🙂 hehe!
    Love, Julie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *