BootsnAll Travel Network



We’re off!

The day has finally arrived to head to London for 4 days, then on to Paris for 5 and 3 days driving the countryside in the west of France. Although I am a compulsive travel planner and love to spend hours (days, weeks!) researching online, I think perhaps I overdid it for this mere 2 week trip. The stack of papers, confirmations for apartment rentals, train and plan transfers, rental cars, hotels, is inches thick and I’m carrying the hefty folder as if I were going to a business meeting, not on vacation.

I wonder about the simplicity of a tour, with all the details of rooms and transport already decided. Well, we shall see, and I will update you along the way.

Tomorrow morning, David and I are set to meet up at Heathrow at 9:00 — at the Virgin Courtesy Desk — with his sister and brother-in-law, flying from Boston as we make the long trip from Albuquerque. Is it possible?

As the Desiderata says, “enjoy your accomplishments as wll as your plans.” More from London…



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “We’re off!”

  1. Ginja says:

    And all the best to both of you as you wing off on your latest grand adventure! I love the Desiderata reference! In fact, when you get to your hotel and they say they have no reservation for you, tell them that you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here!!!
    XOXOXOXOXO

  2. Stormy says:

    Aysha and David, Can’t wait to hear about your travels. Good luck with the inevitable jetlag… I hear strong coffee in the morning and champagne in the evening cures it! 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *