BootsnAll Travel Network



Christmas in Maine before big trip

Greetings. Test. This posting is just a test. Hope you can see it.

KarenMerry%20Christmas%202005.jpg



Tags:

2 Responses to “Christmas in Maine before big trip”

  1. gerry & neale Says:

    bon voyage and a most happy new years – from Atlanta – can’t wait to follow your exploits and to come visit you ( and go birding AND sight-seeing ) in Thailand

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. June Wagner Says:

    Hi ,

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Charles McGillicuddy Says:

    Best wishes on your trip. Cell phones do not travel well internationally, you will need a local provider which will probably require that you use their hardware. Traveling with a GPS is a good idea. Handheld units go for around $200, usually come with American maps, can download different continents for about $70. I was in Vietnam in the 1960s, worked as an advisor in a Vietnamese civilian hospital. In 1975 I went to the Philippines and worked in a refugee camp with Cambodians who were headed to the US. After I got back home in Augusta, my wife, Ellie, and I sponsored Cambodian families for settlement in Maine.

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. Ron and Dollyann Says:

    Hey guys!
    This is our first time to your blog. Pretty cool! We just got back from Argentina (2 weeks) and then Mali in Africa. Argentina was superb but mali was less so, being the poorest country we have ever beeen to. It was difficult to bird and people in your face the whole time. They’ve never seen birders before so they were all interested in what we were doing. That made being quiet an impossibility. We picked up about 90 new birds in Argentina and about 25 in Mali.

    Not sure what we’re doing next but Bhutan in April may be a possibility. We thought Phil gregory was taking us to West Papua, but we think that may be off for this year. Not sure why. Can’t get any information back from them at the moment. Birdquest runs a West Papua trip in July and we may opt for that one.

    All is well here. Dollyann has a cold at the moment so she’s not feeling well. It will pass.

    Sounds like you are doing a lot of birding. Great for you guys. We hope all your travels are safe and you see loads of stuff. Let us hear from you. We’ll be home for the next 2 months or so.

    Take care.

    Love,
    Ron and Dollyann

  8. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply