BootsnAll Travel Network



I heart med students

If I thought I could escape I was wrong… after taking three flights, through three different countries, hopping three trains (one in the right direction) and walking three blocks I reached Centric Point Hostel in the middle of Barcelona to join the check-in line. The beautiful woman ahead of me turned “Ive been waiting here over an hour” she said with a Massachusetts accent. Kiran and I made it through the line thanks to her flawless Spanish. We made plans to explore the city later that night, I still didnt suspect a thing.

We were Tourists, unfolding the map in the middle of the street to huddle, tracing the route, only looking up through our cameras. The wind hit the large map and wrapped it around us as mulleted men giggle.  Look forward to at lease five pictures of the hot spanish mullet.

We wandered to a market having the usual conversation. Kiran is traveling for a month and has already been through iceland and scottland, next she is headed to Prague. She is a student in Massachusetts “in what?” I asked innocently… international pediatric medicine. Yes, my exotic new friend is my clone and a clone of everyone I know back in Burlington except Grahams friends.  We med students are good people. We are the people that love body fluids and can inspire the junkie to be good to herself but we are confused by street signs and irony. 

In two hours I will meet 19 Quakers and put my international drivers permit to use!



Tags: ,

One response to “I heart med students”

  1. Dad says:

    Oh, that is so sad! But maybe it doesn’t totally count since she wasn’t wearing anything specifically saying “I [heart] Vermont.”

    O.K. so call it off and come home, Yay!! We’ll hold supper!
    Love,
    Dad

  2. Michael says:

    You keep on meeting people!!! The United States is definitely not the same without you!!

  3. ‘We med students are good people”?

    Greta,

    You’ve been warned once now. This is your last warning. While being a medical student has its charms, it’s not something you want for more than 4 years probably. Let’s call you a ‘zero year’ for a while until you are forced to sit through endless pharm lectures and put on a glove to figure out exactly how a prostate feels.

    Have fun and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

    Love,
    Dad (um… Nathan)

  4. mamad says:

    Happy Easter to you and the 19 Quakers, any stray Med Students, and whoever else you have gathered in your entourage at this point! I hope the dawn brought songs of gladness, and perhaps a hot cross bun- or whatever they eat in Barcelona on this holiday…. R is making the buns as we speak, so I will definitely eat one in your honor.
    love you!!!
    mamad

  5. Michael says:

    so give us an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. admin says:

    Thanks for posting everyone! I hardly get on a computer and keeping track of this blog is easier than keeping track of a kazillion emails. love to all back in the states.

    PS Nathan, you’re right in that I’m Kiran’s clone and not the other way around but let me call myself a med student while the phrase is new and fun!

    love, the most relaxed Medical Student ever

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *