BootsnAll Travel Network



Fraser Island-View from Indian Head Point




Fraser Island-View from Indian Head Point

Originally uploaded by Flackattack.

Greetings from Noosa. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Since my last entry I both volunteered in and then got sucked into the slow life in Agnes Water/1770. First I helped build a fence at Greg and Monica North’s place in Agnes Water. Greg is a very active contributor to the bootsnall travel site which I used to prepare for my trip. I promised to shout him a beer for his help pre-trip when I got to his neighborhood, and then as a matter of convenience we worked out a deal where I helped him in exchange for room and board. He and his wife are very nice, and I also got to meet a few of their friends, hang out at the pub, take a 4wd trip through Eurimbula National Park, and help build a fence to keep Ginger and Mr Fonz from going crazy in the neighborhood. Then I stayed at the Cool Bananas hostel in Agnes for another week. I took my first surf lesson, went sea kayaking, took a mini-motor bike tour and relaxed on the beaches. It was hard to get away, but I finally escaped.
Next it was Fraser Island and a 3d/2n 4WD tour. Fraser is the largest sand island in the world, and the lakes, sandblows, rainforest, swamps and other features were great fun to explore. I posted a few pictures of the place on my flickr account.
Here in Noosa I walked the national park and the river yesterday. Today I am headed for the beach to work on my sunburn after the computer bs is done. Hope all is well with everyone. Again Happy Thanksgiving. Cheers Howard



Tags:

One response to “Fraser Island-View from Indian Head Point”

  1. Ken & Ellen says:

    Yo Howard. We have been keeping track of the travels. Everything looks great. We look forward to the rest of your Journey, Ken & Ellen. P.S. got the postcard Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *