BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 5/6: ON MY OWN

Tea House ViewJust finished my tea

Day 5
Took the train back to Asakusa where I bought a wall picture and lil statue that looks like the big one in Ueno and some Buddhist prayer beads. Then I walked about 15 min to Kappabashi Dori where I looked through several shops before picking up the perfect set of dishes for about 3000 yen. Fully loaded, I decided to call it a day around 1pm, headed back to the Ryokan and chilled for the rest of the day.

Day 6
Went back to Ueno park – revisited a temple, a couple of shrines, and the spot where we got tea. The crows were out. They kept flying through but I just found my inner quiet place and chilled out so I could enjoy this otherwise enjoyable place. Bought some green tea from the guy, took some pics, and headed to the train station. Took the train to Asakusa where I got a water bus ride up the Sumida river. Got off at Hama-Rikyu gardens…so lovely, yet totally different from Shinjuku Gyoen. Not so polished, more woodsy, very few people, no crows, and a tea house where I was served some green tea and a sweet. I wanted to go to Harajuku and the Meiji Shrine but it was already 2:30pm and I needed to checkout and head back to Yokusuka to see Connie once more. So I headed back, got my luggage, caught a cab to the train staion, and a couple of hours later was back on base. We spent the night at Bret’s again…raining again so we didn’t go out. Instead we went to Chris’s apt (one of Connies’ friends) for dinner – and oh my, was it good. He’s form Belize and made a tasty stew, rice and beans. After all my traveling it was the perfect evening meal. Also, another girl I went to high school with was there so it was cool catching up. Chris was a hoot and makes a NIIICE Hennessey and cranberry drink. I’m a vodka girl myself but the hen did me lovely. We left a couple of hours later, Connie and I stayed up a while at Bret’s talking after which I passed out.



Tags:
,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *