BootsnAll Travel Network



Where has the time gone?

Well, I can’t believe today is November 28th! I have less than a month before I leave for my Round the World (RTW) trip. When I bought my ticket in September, I thought “No problem, 3 more months.” But now, I am rapidly running out of free time to get things done. I already gave my notice at work, and instead of the work slowing down, I am busier than I have ever been, trying to get things wrapped up before I leave. It’s hard to get motivated to do work at a job that you don’t have anymore, and never really enjoyed that much to begin with. I have so many more things I need to get done for the trip, some big, some small, but all seem to take longer than anticipated. And it seems every time I cross something off my list, I think of two more to add, so I am making no progress it seems. Though I did finally decided on my backpack, after much hemming and hawing, and being my indecisive self. I kept the Osprey Waypoint 60, technically a travel pack, but really keeps the weight off my shoulders well. We’ll see how it goes. I have the majority of my clothes and things I’m taking with me, and will post a packing list once I finalize everything I am taking. I’m trying really hard to not take too many clothes, very hard for me, and keep it to 20 pounds, including the 5 pound pack. But somehow I’m managing to take 4 pairs of shoes with me. Some things never change.

I will be super-busy before I leave, and don’t really have a free weekend left. This coming weekend will be spent in DC, visiting my friends Shawnna and Dave and their brand new baby Zachary, and celebrating Dave’s 30th Birthday and completion of his PhD. Should be a fun weekend, and somehow I managed to book a flight into National for $98.00. Unheard of! Next weekend will be my going away/ 30th birthday party on Saturday, and I’m really looking forward to that. Then my last of work is the 15th, and I’m off for 10 days before I leave. But I imagine most of my time will be spent with family, Christmas stuff, and getting things finalized. It doesn’t really seem real that I’m leaving, and it probably won’t hit me until I’m on the plane. I have been having some small freakouts about getting things done, but it seems like these tasks are all in the abstract, like I can’t remember what the end goal is. It’s very strange.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *