BootsnAll Travel Network



La Fortuna – Day 1

Our hotel – Arenal Backpackers’ Resort – picked us up at the airport for $60/pp. Yes, it’s expensive, but it’s our first day here, and the Grayline and Interbus shuttles were leaving about 10 minutes after we landed. I didn’t want to be stranded in San Jose so I made the arrangements for the hotel transfer.

The ride to La Fortuna was beautiful. We passed through tiny towns with children playing and families sitting on their porches, with amazing views of the countryside. It took about 3 hours for the trip, which wasn’t bad considering the windy roads and hills. Here we are on the shuttle…already hot and sweaty!
On our way to La Fortuna:
Shuttle!

We checked in and paid for 2 nights. We originally booked our room for 4 nights, but Patricia suggested just paying for 2, so we went with that. Our room is roomy and basic, but very clean and not bad for $25/pp (per night). We decided to find a store for a drink and ran into another couple just outside our room. They were heading in the same direction, so we all walked together. Their names are Jay and Andrea and they are visiting from Toronto, Canada. We bought some Imperial, water, and snacks, and James and I sat by the pool for a while. We decided to do the ATV/Canopy tour tomorrow and booked it through the hotel. We’re sooooo tired and went to bed as soon as the air conditioning came on (the hotel turns it on from 10pm-10am).



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *