BootsnAll Travel Network



Where are the Pictures?!?!

Oh yes, pictures.

Well here is the long answer on why we have not shared more, as of yet.

1. Internet connections in Africa are challenging. Most of the time we use other computers, not our own.

2. When we do get to use our own computer, the speeds to upload images are still challenging. We just cannot get ourselves to publish low resolution or low quality images. So our pictures tend to run much larger than most. That brings us back to the upload speed problem.

3. Our website was originally built to only show images in our ‘book’ section. However, we have quickly realized that there are plenty of family pictures we would like to share as well. Therefore, I have to build a new section to our website while on the road. And I need good upload speeds to my server in order to publish those new pages.

4. The vast majority of our images are shot in RAW format (for those of you digital photo junkies) at 17 Mega Pixels. This creates great images but they are not immediately ready for sharing right out of the camera. Each image requires some processing from our side. Since I am a perfectionist in preparing our images (before setting them free upon the world) I have not yet compiled enough high quality images for the book section. Though there are enough of them already.

5. The high quality images that we will publish first must have a digital watermark. The leading company that offers this charges over $500 a year for the service. We have been trying to stretch ourselves until the last minute to pay this fee. Don’t worry we will. With the digital watermark, it will be much more difficult for people to steal our images off the internet and put them to use for their own commercial use. Remember, this is how we make our living.

Enough excuses. We too can’t wait to share our images with you. We already have some that take our breath away. One parting shot, the best will not be posted. You’ll have to buy the book for that!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Where are the Pictures?!?!”

  1. Denise,Tom and Maddie says:

    Hi guys!
    Although the images are slow coming, your descriptions and comments about the trip so far are enough to spark our imaginations. I can almost smell the dew and moisture coming off Victoria Falls and the look of wonder on the kids faces as you travel around seeing new places,things, people and animals for the first time. We are jealous…of your wonderful adventure. The challenges will make you stronger, and make the easy beautiful parts of the trip seem like even more of a gift.
    Wish we could pick up the phone and hear the excitement in your voice about all the fabulous things you are experiencing. Stay safe and keep the blog going- we are all living an adventure of a lifetime through you!
    Love,
    Denise

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *