BootsnAll Travel Network



We’re stuck, but the food is good

Hello! Right now we’ve been stuck in Xi’an for 5 days. Our original plan was to leave after 3 days via train to Kunming, but all the tickets have been sold out until the 13th. So we made the choice to take a plane instead! It leaves on the 9th. This isn’t a bad city or anything, but we’re anxious to get going! One thing I’ve noticed on this trip is that there really is a difference between Chinese food and American Chinese food. In every restaurant we’ve been to, we haven’t seen a single egg roll or bottle of soy sauce. Nothing has the name “kung pow” or “general tsao” in it (although it was obvious it wouldn’t). Plus, no fortune cookies. And it’s all really, really delicious.

Yesterday, all of us (except Cameron) went to get massages, aching and exhausted from all our travels. They led us into a private room with 4 sofa chairs and a tv and gave us the most amazing Chinese massages, focusing on the feet and head. It felt so good! And it lasted 90 minutes and only cost us under $9 each! Crazy. We’re going again tomorrow.



Tags: ,

One Response to “We’re stuck, but the food is good”

  1. Lauren Says:

    Have you tried any crazy food like sea cucumbers or chicken feet?
    The massage sounds so nice (and cheap)!

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply