BootsnAll Travel Network



Vang Vieng

I’m here in Vang Vieng! I took a van ride here from Vientiane and met a group of Canadians. We’re splitting a riverside bungalow. The town is very peaceful and full of chickens and kittens and cows that block the roads. The weather could be better though.Yesterday, we went on tubes and floated lazily down the river through stunning limestone cliffs and lush vegetation. If you ignored the several bars spotting the banks playing loud music and the occasional power line, it really was a majestic experience. Floating down, listening to the crickets and frogs, it was timeless; it felt like it could have been thousands of years in the past. We did stop at a couple of bars with rope swings and zip lines and dancing and had loads of fun.

I’m heading back to Thailand most likely tomorrow. I can’t wait to snorkel and lay on the beach!

Oh, and there’s this strange new thing happening to my skin. I’ve never experienced this before, it’s like my skin is getting… darker. Barely, but surely. How peculiar. (I’m still as white as snow though!) 



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Vang Vieng”

  1. Greg Says:

    Hey Anna, its Greg from Startbackpacking.com. Sounds like you are having an awesome trip….I loved the tubing in Vang Vieng too!

    If you get to Luang Prabang, don’t even think about it…take the FAST boat down the river. 🙂

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Lauren Says:

    You’re getting a tan?! Not fair! Ha, I stick with tanning lotion and accepting the paleness that is me. But I’m happy for you. Hope you never get a sunburn again!
    I found out that my friend in Australia lives on the east coast-North East New South Wales. So that won’t work for you, will it? I’m sorry.

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply