BootsnAll Travel Network



The planning process

Guatemala, 2007  

My name’s Anna. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a 17 year old girl from the US. I’m in my last year of high school and instead of going to college straight away, I’m taking a gap year to travel the world.

My excitement for this trip has been growing crazily. It’s been over a year since I first decided I wanted to take a gap year, and since then I’ve been compiling lists and searching the web and talking with people and reading travel books to the extent that some of my homework has been neglected. 😛 All A’s and B’s though.

All that planning has culminated into a giant document listing hundreds of ideas of where to go and what to do. I recently came up with the final list of countries: China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Tanzania (volunteer work), South Africa, Namibia, Ghana, and Greece. I might tack one or two more on the end, we’ll see how I feel in 10 months!

I can’t wait to be on the road and look back on this post and think “oh, how cute” while drenched in sweat and rain and sitting in a sketchy internet cafe wondering why I ever left my comfortable bed. To future me: oh, shut up. You wanted this.



Tags:

Leave a Reply