BootsnAll Travel Network



Sad Post

Part of the reason I’ve been putting off updating my blog is that I haven’t really wanted to go into a sad subject. I couldn’t very well not go into it though, so I decided that I’ll just post about it in its own little sad post so that when I do my regular one I can start fresh and happy!

 The week before last while I was still in training at work we had our usual Monday departmental meeting. We all found out that day that one of our team members, Ed, had died of a brain aneurysm. It was a really awful time. I’d been working closely with Ed on a project and he’d been helping me get used to things at work and had become the person I felt closest to. It was just so bizarre to think that he wouldn’t be back. For the longest I expected to see him pop his head into my cube to say hello and it was really frustrating knowing I couldn’t walk two desks over and ask him a question anymore. It took a while to get used to and it still doesn’t feel right now. I just got my first real project assigned to me, which is an update of a course he wrote, so all the documentation and stuff I’ve been working with has his name on it and it seems like every time I ask someone something about it Ed’s name comes up. It’s nice to hear his name still. I think it would be even sadder if everyone acted like he’d never been around in the first place.

We use Yahoo! Messenger at work to communicate with one another, and Ed’s name is still on my list. It’s weird seeing the little sleeping face next to his name and knowing he’ll never sign on again. I guess when things like this happen to people you know it makes you think about things a lot more. After nearly three weeks I’m a bit burnt out on introspection though! Ed was awesome and I miss him. But he was a happy guy, so now it’s time to move on to a happy post…

 



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *