BootsnAll Travel Network



Keep on keeping on

Over the past two weeks I’ve mainly been concentrating on staying busy. If I’m busy I don’t have time to think about the facts that I don’t have a job, I no longer have a boyfriend, and that I’m probably eligible for welfare if I took the time to check into the matter. 

Every day I’ve been going to work with my mom to help out with some of her kids. Each morning I get to the school and the kids in her reading group trip over themselves to be the ones who get to read to me. It’s been really fun helping out with them–a couple of the kids are just too cute. They’re all in 3rd grade and they’re reading some books that I hadn’t seen since I was their age, so that’s been a lot of fun. The little boys in the group have been hilarious…one asked my mom about the possibility of dating me and two others fought with each other to see who would be able to hold my hand! I had to draw the line though when one of them asked if he could sit in my lap the other day.

For the rest of my days I sit in front of the computer screen and wade through hundreds of jobs online, sending out applications and making slight alterations to my generic cover letter. So far it’s been slow going, but after a week of dedicated searching I did at least get a few responses. I got a few e-mails and even one phone call saying there were no available positions, but on Friday I finally got a positive response. A woman called me about a copyediting job and asked me a few questions. As it turned out, she said I was better qualified for another open position for a Web Editor. We talked for a while, and it sounds like a decent job! I realized as I was speaking to her that I had no idea where the job was located. I didn’t want to ask her because I didn’t want her to think I didn’t know anything about the company, but the truth is that I was sending out applications sometimes without even having read all of the job description. If the job title matched what I was looking for, I applied. After a little investigation, I am fairly sure the job is in Palm Beach Gardens in south Florida, but there’s also a possibility it could be in Pennsylvania or North Carolina. Time will tell! I’m waiting to hear back about an interview at the moment. Another result of trying to occupy every spare second of my time has been an addition to the household–a new knitted monkey! After spending months off and on trying to finish the other one, I was shocked when I was able to knock this one out in just 3 days or so. So, for your viewing enjoyment, I give you knitted monkey #2. I’ll take name suggestions!

Monkey

 

  

  

  



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *