BootsnAll Travel Network



***CENSORED***

Oops! In my last post I gave away a little bit more information than I should have and the censors (okay, dismayed friend) called me out on it. Rather than delete the offending content, I’ve saved the previous post in its entirety and marked it as ‘private’ and replaced it with the edited version. And when the time comes I will re-release it happily! And since using first names alone apparently isn’t enough to protect the innocent, I’ll have to implement aliases instead.

So, I have this friend named Kelsey…just kidding! You know I love you.

After coming to the end of my first week here in Fort Lauderdale, I’ve come to notice that there are an abundance of two things in Oakland Park…furniture stores and sex shops. I’ve been loving the fact I’m in the market for furniture each time I drive by and ogle the clean-lined, ultra-chic sofas and tables in the window displays as I travel to and from work. It took me a little while longer to notice the sex shops, however. During the day they look like every other crappy strip mall store–it’s only at night, when the gawdy pink and red neon signs come on that I realize just how abundant they really are. The only theory I can come up with to explain the apparent furniture/fornication correlation is that besides having a rather high percentage of sketchy individuals comprising a proportion of Oakland Park’s demographics, there’s also quite a lot of gay men. And gay men have very good taste in furniture.

Hmm…I wonder if Seneca would come for a visit if he knew where I was living. If he thought Canal Street in Manchester was good, I’m sure he’d love Jackhammer.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *