BootsnAll Travel Network



Back to the Euro

We’ve left Prague now and are back in Germany, and back to the euro. I for one am glad, because the Czech money felt way too much like Monopoly money for my taste. I just couldn’t get used to the idea of spending 300 of any currency in one pop. It felt really nice though to be able to afford things! Not that I could buy anything though since I had no money at all. Good news though–I called my bank yesterday and sorted everything out and my card works again! I just went to an ATM and it was so nice to feel those notes in my hands. I have to now give them all away to everyone I’ve been borrowing from though, so my happiness will be short-lived.

Prague was absolutely gorgeous. I think it surpassed Amsterdam by a fair amount. We went on a walking tour of the city that covered nearly everything there was to see, and I was impressed with every single part of the city. It’s not like some places that have nice city centers that fade into slums just outside of the touristy areas; every street is well-kept and beautiful, the buildings are well preserved, and the parks are immaculate. There are so many bridges that go over the river with the most scenic views I have ever seen. I wished we could have spent more time in Prague, but our travel blitz just doesn’t include extended stays at the moment (we’re budgeting time to squeeze Croatia into the trip).

The hostel we stayed in in Prague was the best ever. It wasn’t the nicest or the cleanest, but it had the coolest people I’ve ever met while staying in hostels. There was a bar downstairs that everyone met at in the evening to chat and have a great time. A big group of us went out both nights we were there, jumping on trams and hoping that nobody would stop us and ask for tickets (we didn’t have any–but our Irish guide who worked the hostel desk didn’t seem too concerned, so we went with it). It was so much fun hanging out with everyone. So, for all our friends at the Clown and Bard hostel–here’s a big shout out to: Alastair the Thai food wonder and his wok, Connor the Irish flower picker, Jared with the bloody nose (hope the stitches come out all right), Lex from L.A., Andrew the 21 year old engaged guy, Chance his friend, Ben the Aussie Accountant, Igor the dirty Russian, Sharon the Israeli military guy and tour guide, and everyone else who was super cool and fun.

We got into Munich late last night after a 6-hour train ride. It wasn’t bad at all though, because we were in a private cabin where we could push our seats down so that they made full length beds almost. Our car was like one big massive couch, and we were sprawled out everywhere. It was the best train so far, even though I had been told that Czech trains were the worst ever. We’ll be in Munich tonight and tomorrow we’re renting a car and heading off to somewhere new. Probably the Black Forest, and from there to Austria to do some white water rafting and to stay at Kelly’s family’s friend’s house for a while. So, that’s all for now.



Tags: , , , ,

-1 responses to “Back to the Euro”

  1. Sterling says:

    Kelly’s mother gave me the site to keep up with you guys. I’m greatly enjoying your trip! Tell Kelly — HI Sterling Henderson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *