BootsnAll Travel Network



Guy Fawkes Day

guyfawkesone.jpg
Brighton beaches 05 November 2006

Alan, Doreen and I went to the beach (with Saura in tow) to watch the fireworks for Guy Fawkes Day. This is the day to celebrate the Gunpowder Plot of 1605 in which Catholic extremists planned to blow up the Houses of Parliament in order to kill King James I and his family. It has an atmosphere of the Fouth of July, sans patriotism. Its a pretty festive weekend and everyone sets off the fireworks that are sold ten days before Guy Fawkes. Our neighbors have been setting off fireworks all week, so we saw a few warm up shows from the comfort of our back porch.

There where tons of people at the beach to see the fireworks display off the end of the New Brighton pier. People were setting of their own fireworks all along the beach and some were alittle too close for comfort. I managed to get a few acceptable pictures, but my battery died before the big show started. I was really impressed with the fireworks, there was alot of variety in the show and it was really well choreographed. Watching it from a moonlit beach was great too.

guyfawkesfour.jpgguyfawkesthree.jpgguyfawkestwo.jpg



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *