BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally

bajang-golf-resort-tioman-island.jpgGolf Course -Tiamon Islandjungle-tioman-island.jpgmonitor-lizard-iguana.jpgMonitor Lizarjungle-monkeys-tioman-island.jpgair-batang-beach-ti.jpgjosh-geomomo-tea.jpgdinner-ti.jpgJungle monkies, Air Batang beach, Josh, allbrkfst-tioman-island.jpgdragon-fruit.jpgannika-tiger-ti.jpgannika-coconut-juice.jpg

 Pictures – breakast on beach, JOsh eating dragon fruit, Annika befriending cat-“tiger”, annika found a coconut on ground and had the restaurant open it up so she could drink the juice.

Note:  check back to previous blogs, we may have added pictures. 

 Back to civilization 1/12/09 – catching up on blogs and pictures

After a very bumpy ferry ride (a combination of a roller coaster, bumper boats and a bucking bronco!), we landed on Tioman Island. It’s the epitome of a tropical island rising up out of the sea, with small villages clinging to the edge of the shore. The jungle rises up thousands of feet right behind the village in a riot of greenery and growth. I am right now sitting on the veranda of our guesthouse, and the waves are about 20 feet away! We have 2 small rooms with AC and hot showers. Nothing special, but an upgrade to where we’ve been and hey – it’s right on the beach! The only surprising part was the heat and humidity. When you see all those pictures of tropical isles, you don’t see the sweat and the mosquitoes! Natalie got eaten alive the first night and was pretty miserably itchy the next day.  On our way to our guesthouse, we saw a 4 foot long monitor lizard, which we later learned was an iguana. Later that day, Josh and Tim saw jungle monkeys scampering in the trees and a snake curled up on a branch! There’s only one short piece of road on the island, so we walk down the beach to find someplace to eat each night. There’s actually not a whole lot of choice as a lot of places are closed for the season. Tonight, we ate at a small table about 2 feet from the surf and had curried mackerel! (All 5 of us for about $10!) Our guesthouse restaurant is on pilings over the water and is a peaceful place to eat breakfast. We’ve really enjoyed talking to the family that owns our guesthouse. There are several grown kids and their families running the place, and their house is sort of open to the restaurant, so the kids run in and out and I (Natalie) have had a chance to talk quite a bit with one of the moms. Tim went golfing at a golf course hewn out of the jungle. He played with monkeys on the tee boxes, iguanas walking across the fairways, and white herons everywhere. Just goreous despite bad greens.  On one par 3 had to hit over the ocean and sand bank to get to the green.  When looking for a ball off the fairway, he had to be very careful as he didn’t know what would jump out of the jungle!  We also went for a walk in the jungle rainforest, on a grown-over path. After about 10 minutes, the kids were too freaked out about what they might see, and we were all already wet with sweat, so we turned around. Besides, we hear the snakes are poisonous!

We were planning to leave the island today, but found out that the ferry has been cancelled for the next 5 days! I guess the government watches the weather and if the winds are too great, they don’t allow the boat companies to go. Probably a good thing, but not in our plans! The bright side is that Josh was able to take an intro scuba course, and now with the delay, he can add on a few days of instruction and have his full diving license. It’s been a highlight for him and opened up a whole new world. The coral reef off the island is pretty good although the clarity isn’t great due to the monsoon.  So at this point, we are hoping to leave by the 13th. Can’t get any internet til back on the mainland, so we’ll be off the island by the time you read this.



Tags:

28,736 responses to “Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally”

  1. online shopping

    deals in dubai

  2. Sale in UAE

    Offers in Lulu

  3. Good day very nice site!! Man .. Beautiful ..
    Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take
    the feeds also…I am satisfied to search out a lot of useful information right here in the publish, we’d like develop extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing.

  4. S4 HANA says:

    SAP Business byDesign

    S4 HANA

  5. paket tour jogja

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  6. skin care says:

    pharmacy in dubai

    binsina laser clinic

  7. Vape Shop says:

    Vape Shop

    vape store

  8. Customized St. Louis Cardinals Jersey

    Kids all take pleasure in to appear in different ways and they’re also eager to get regarded as the trendsetters. Designer perfume and deodorant potent and mysterious fragrance comes complete in a sleek bottle. Gingko Biloba, aside from being an antio…

  9. vapester says:

    electronic cigarette

    ejuices

  10. cardboardowl.de

    cardboardowl.de

  11. lawn maintenance

    calgary lawn care companies

  12. Rental Mobil Jogja

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  13. STANDOUT says:

    imprinted

    STANDOUT Promotional Products

  14. VPN service says:

    VPN service

    VPN service

  15. Mountain Biking

    Electric Mountain Bike Tours

  16. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for
    your weblog. You have some really good articles and I believe I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thanks!

  17. Randy Foye Jersey

    When you know the appropriate technique to apply what you learn, online advertising is a great solution to promote your small business.You will see the actual records of activity by way of obtaining a website and authenticating by using a details.Other…

  18. Curtis Samuel Rookies Jersey

    Thereare many options about your area you could be passing up on. Your goal should be to push each day to grow your home business.Mistakes are always part of the learning phase. If they think they can make money off an investment, they are certainly mo…

  19. Restaurant Sonntag offen

    Samstag offen

  20. GENY ONE says:

    GENY ONE

    Hybrid Smartwatch

  21. Bark Collar says:

    Aetertek Australia

    Remote Training Collar

  22. FLOSSNet

    software training company

  23. Jorg Streichert

    Rechtsanwalt

  24. Top Design says:

    Top Design

    Hollywood Hairsystem

  25. FLOSSNet says:

    VirtueMart

    WordPress

  26. Hi! Quick question that’s entirely off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone4.
    I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.
    If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Appreciate it!

  27. fixed income

    safe investments

  28. Jan 8 says:

    Audra Totherow

    I found a great…

  29. Jan 8 says:

    Trenton Lisman

    I found a great…

  30. Nachwa says:

    Nachwa.net

    Nachwa

  31. current bitcoin price

    bitcoin stock price

  32. ordinare pizza a domicilio

    cibo a domicilio delle

  33. chip satış says:

    Ꭼn hizli aktarim garantisi ile chip satin ɑl ցüvencesi sizlere sunmaktan mutluluk duyariz  uzun zamandir bu piyasada olan adini duyurmus en iyi ᴠe еn ɡüncel sitelerden daha ileri bir yapiya  sahip  müsteri memmuniyetini ön planda tutan chip satin al sitesi
    sizlere hizmet vermeye devam ediyor her türlü ban doh gibi sikintida zararnizi
    karsilamaya hazir olan chip satin ɑl  adresini ziyaret ederek canli destek
    ᴠe destek talebinde bulunarak bizimle iletisime gеçe bilirsiniz.

    chipsatinal.com

  34. marine gearbox services

    boat parts for sale

  35. Kernser Vegan Pasta

    swiss anti aging cream

  36. Jan 8 says:

    Marcelino Cottman

    I found a great…

  37. Jan 8 says:

    Corrinne Brunsting

    I found a great…

  38. qltsosce says:

    QLTS OSCE

    qltsosce

  39. SGMYTRIPS says:

    SGMYTRIPS

    travel company

  40. Casino Test says:

    Casino Test

    Casino Deutschland

  41. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on clockwork angel epub. Regards

  42. Curry puff says:

    Curry puff

    Curry puffs singapore

  43. Content Delivery Network South Africa

    Cloud File Storage

  44. Ico promotion

    Ico marketing database

  45. Wholesale Jerseys From China

    So, the best way to eradicate the problem of pests and bug invaders in home is selecting an integrating pest management company in the city that can assist one in the desired way. Click here to know more about term life insurance quotes.tmb. Cheaper ma…

  46. Jan 8 says:

    Lucius Suber

    I found a great…

  47. Jan 8 says:

    Michale Pennison

    I found a great…

  48. Cake Smash photoshoot

    Family photography

  49. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *