BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 37: 22nd Mar – Lucknow

In store for us today was a very long drive.  Something you’d think we’d be used to by now, but you can never really settle into such a routine.  The next stop was Lucknow, a place that wasn’t really highlighted for us by our leader as a place to be doing very much.  As with many other journeys so far, the day is mostly taken up by the events happening on the road.  The roads seem to get crazier the deeper we get into India.  Our drive today was so long that we needed to save time over lunch in order to get back on the road.  At lunch, we find a small children’s playground that gives us a hint of relief from the confides of the coach.

We pull into the hotel at Lucknow very late.  Andrea and I decide to head out for dinner with a couple of people from the group, just to see what the city has to offer.  Tuk-tuk drivers a plenty, many of whom cannot speak English, we find one to take us to the restaurant recommended by the hotel.  All the night was a bit of an unorganised mess, with the tuk-tuk driver not helping proceedings due to his lack of knowledge and constant pushing of us going into the shops giving him commission for taking people to their place.  Regardless, the food was nice, the place was what we’ve come to expect from India and the bed was comfortable enough.  Bring on tomorrow!

 



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *