BootsnAll Travel Network



July 2006 Update

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful summer and planning a trip to Palau or some other island paradise for the fall or winter. Some of you may not be aware that Papa Mike is also the author of THE WEST INDIES ON $50.00 A Day as well as PAPA MIKE’S COOK ISLAND HANDBOOK. Both of these books as well as PAPA MIKE’S PALAU ISLANDS HANDBOOK are available at almost all online bookstores worldwide. Look for updates in 2007 for both the Caribbean and Cook Island books. I am afraid the West Indies on $50.00 a day may need a name change as rates have risen since the first publication. Both books will feature tons of information on out of the way spots and lodgings in all price groups.

As you may be aware the Republic of Palau has had a variety of hotels opening in the couple of years. The monsterous Palau Royal Resort now dominates the skyline in Malakal, with 160 guest rooms, miniature golf, spas, swimming pools and everything else you can imagine. There website is www.-royal-resort.com for additional information. For something a little more intimate than the Royal Resort, travel over to Meyans Island to the tasteful Rose Garden Resort which is now in full swing. They feature a restaurant and twenty four rooms on a hillside overlooking the lagoon. There are two handicapped units included among the mahogany decorated rooms with individual private balconies For more information visit the visitors authority site and click to the acommodations section. Cliffside Resort (Formally Sunrise Villas) has acquired new owners Shallum and Mandy Etpison and are planning renovations and the addition of balconies to all rooms. This hotel is located on a lush hillside overlooking the lagoon and I often wondered why there were no balconies, so look for tasteful changes from these well known owners, known for their conservation interests and preserving the beauty of Palau.

In other news Scuba Diving Magazine has awarded Palau a variety of awards for 2006. These awards have become commonplace over the years as virtually nobody returns home from diving Palau unsatisfied. These awards also indicate that dive operators in Palau are certainly doing a great job. Way to go guys!

That is it for the update. I just shipped of a new supply of the Palau Books to Islander Gift Shop, so if you are on island or don’t have time for delivery prior to leaving on vacation go see Tess over at Islander on the main road in Koror.



Tags:

Comments are closed.