BootsnAll Travel Network



Ticket Extension

Certosa di Pavia ed2.jpg

The canoe trip didn’t work out. We made a reservation for a ‘canoe’ with a guy near Pavia who assured us that we could put it on top of the Alpha. When we got there he assured us that there was no way we would be able to transport the canoe with out a roof-rack. On top of that, he had only long Scull-type kayaks known as ‘canoa’ in Italian (I guess the open top canoes we are accustomed to are known as Canoa Canadese in Italy). Since we already had a picnic packed we decided to stay and see Pavia and the Certosa di Pavia , a monastery a few km outside of the city. A most amazing structure built under the patronage of the Svorza family in the 1500s.
We all decided that 10 days was not nearly enough to get over jet-lag. Before Luci left to go to Egypt on vacation with her parents, we looked into changing his return date. We discovered that it would be cheaper to buy a one-way return than extend the existing one. We got him a ticket on SAS that flys from Milan Linate to Newark via Copenhagen (a bit more logical that flying via Raleigh and London). He is due to fly out on wed the 9th.
When Luci and her folks left we had free reign of the house and her father’s motorcycle. We rode it around the city on Saturday and on Sunday we went up to the mountains above Bergamo to see the last leg of the Giro d’Italia (a 20day bike-tour of Italy). The last leg started in the town of Clusone and finished 144kms away in the center of Milan. At night we went to see a free concert in the Piazza del Duomo in Milan; on the motorbike of course.
At the beginning of the week we are planning to go back to Geneva to see Jesse’s friend Aska.



Tags:

Comments are closed.