BootsnAll Travel Network



Summer snowboarding

First Tracks.jpg

Finally the sun is shining. Yesterday a well-known Chamonix guide, Christophe Profit, along with two friends summited on via the Classic Route and said the conditions were great. They were the first in ten days to summit. Good news for us that someone of reputation in the climbing world was happy with the conditions and will be promoting the climbing on our mountain. With a good weather forecast through Sunday, the calls have already started coming in. If the weather holds out we might have a busy weekend for a change.

With the sun and fresh snow, the snowboarding has been great. Yesterday, I climbed up to about 3100m on the glacier and made a descent of about 300m. There are a series of big snowfields that are only connected now by some very thin cover, but I can descent almost all the way to the hut on them. It is melting fast and I probably won’t be able to make such a long run by the weekend. The snowfield above the hut still has a few weeks in it though. Today I went up and build a jump and took a couple of runs. By afternoon, the snow gets pretty slushy and it is more like surfing than snowboarding, but it is half July after all.



Tags:

Comments are closed.