BootsnAll Travel Network



About Us

Luci & LukeMy wife Luci and I are career travelers. She is Italian (Milanesa) with a US green-card and I am Unitedstatesian (Mainer) with an Italian green-card. The truth is that we are citizens of the world as we never spend enough time in either place to really be considered residents. We have so many stamps and visa from the strangest places that even customs officials in the Netherlands get their feathers rustled. Three years ago I filled my passport and have now almost filled the official supplement. Among our stomping grounds are the Americas (North and Central), Europe (Mediterranean and Benelux), and Africa (South and East).

LuciWe have spent much of the past five years traveling in one form or another. During the summer months in the Northern Hemisphere we run a hut (Rifugio Boccalatte) for mountaineers on the Mont Blanc Massif in the Italian region of Valle d’Aosta. We have visitors from all over the world who come to climb the European 4000m peaks; the Grandes Jorasses in our case. On any given day we can have five or more languages being spoken in our dining room. In a way, it is like bringing the travel to us while saving up for our next move.

LukeWinters have always been kind of touch and go. Last year we worked in New Hampshire and traveled in the American West and South as far as Honduras. We spent most of the winter before in Mozambique. But, this winter we’ve got something different lined up. We’re going to Antarctica! After three years of trying, we finally got jobs working for Raytheon polar services in the kitchen at McMurdo station. So it looks like this winter (actually it is summer in Antarctica) we will be putting our traveling on ice because we won’t be doing much physical traveling while were there but it should be an adventure just the same.



Tags:

2 responses to “About Us”

  1. brewster says:

    this is a great idea my friends. i wonder how far it is from anchorage to mcmurdo. you’re always welcome in Alaska. leephokdoy, anna, beth cook and myself, we all love the stories. Its been raining for a few weeks in south central alaska. some snow on the high peaks in the distance. fall is over thanks to a very windy day last week. the aurora borealis has been very active this year as it gets dark out now around 7pm. 3 weeks ago there was 2 feet of snow in fairbanks, a few days ago it reached 78 degrees. i can see a really pretty sunrise right now over the mountains that surround anchorage. i’m passing along your blog info to some friends… thanks for all the effort to keep us weekend warriors thirsty for that next time we get to travel, maybe one day i too will be a career traveler. i know how to post images using java script, will that work on your blog??? we love you guys… brew.

  2. mary says:

    with a warm. sleepy infant in my arms, the pictures, photos and stories of antartica are a great way to “travel” for now. thanx.