BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in Bangkok again

We have been enjoying Bangkok again, with good food (yogurt, cereal and nice Thai!), fast and good internet and overall easy interesting living. We managed, after quite a bit of searching, to find a place to start in Nairobi … maybe not so easy travelling as in Asia, but we’ll soon see. A lot of the car rentals are already full, but hopefully we will find something to do a nice safari. We spoke to a few people over the phone and I think we will be able to work things out there wrt safaris and hopefully some trekking also and maybe a few days relaxing at the beach!
Heidi and I took a Thai cooking course yesterday which was a lot of fun and I think Heidi will be able to do some nice Thai recipes when we get back home. While we were at the course the boys did some electronics shopping – Andre was really impressed with the quantity of parts available, much more variety than you can find in Montreal. Alex is having a great time on the Ipod with new games that he has been able to download (Myanmar was very restrictive for Internet and very slow – interesting for the kids to see how different governments control the population!) and he also really enjoys the street shopping and crazy Khaosan road atmosphere.
It is hard to believe that our Asia tour is almost over. We had a lot of fun, some periods and countries were harder to travel in than others, but overall quite a learning experience and a real change of culture. Now we are off to Africa which will be a first for all of us!



Tags:

One response to “Back in Bangkok again”

  1. Sylvain says:

    Cool !!! Can we have some pictures ? XX

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *