BootsnAll Travel Network



Bull Nose reno’

Bullnose cottage under renovation

in Canberra now, visiting the ‘rel’s’.  its good to see everyone once again.  i always enjoy my time here.  and – as last year – i joined the excursion to a small town in the central west of New South Wales, to help out with the renovations on an older ‘Bull-Nose cottage’, so-called because of the shape of the roof on the front veranda.  it’s an ongoing project – a work in progress – no rush to complete.  it was time to enjoy camping out in the cottage at night, doing a lot of  ‘hard yakka’ in the heat of the day (or a little – in my lazy case) and drinking lots of cool beer during the smoko’s.

this will all change - a lovely pergola to be added on

this rear view will all be changed – with a wrap-around pergola.  the town is very small and the surrounding area is a fertile flood plain.  there are several rivers – now mostly dammed – so that the water release is managed – in order to provide irrigation for the many food crops grown on the land.  some good swimming holes around in the rivers as well – so we enjoyed that !

in the river - is how to cool down on a hot day in oz !

it was fun – and great to see the place ‘coming together’.  a great experience – a real slice of ‘Oz’.  oh yes – and don’t forget that gorgeous dog – such good company.  gotta have a dog!!

gotta have a dog !

Thanks for a very lovely time !

 



Tags:

Leave a Reply