BootsnAll Travel Network



Travel Tips

The world if full of travel tips. From travel forums, blog posts, websites, travel guide books, friends, papers and the Internet there is a lot to sift through. You’ve probably got your travel ‘how to’s’ down already, but in case you haven’t, here’s what NY Times frugal traveler has to say about how he prepares for new trip.

Some of his tips are as obvious as looking and searching Google for the right search terms. Including the words ‘frugal’ or ‘affordable’ at the end of your search will turn up some of the best deals. A lot of them you won’t see in your guide book. He also suggests looking at Google Maps. Although it seems obvious it will do you a lot of good to have a general sense of the layout of a town. A lot of guide books are outdated and Google Maps has that helpful little feature, providing direct directions. Some of his other tips include food blogs to the country or city you’re visiting and excellent advice on how to find cheap flights.

Do you have a secret or helpful travel tip that always pulls through? Let us know!

To check out all of Matt’s tips and tools, check out his article on Travel Research.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *