We’re officially tired of Prescott. It’s April 14 and it’s snowing. Cold. 40 degree high. We’re just not made for this type of environment. We are moving back to Mississippi at the end of this month, driving back the cars with whatever we can stuff in them. We’ve been selling all our things, though, and we’re down to the last couple big items. We wanted to have a final yard sale this weekend, but, alas, the snow. One last kick toward the door.
But at least we want to go through the door. On the other side is family and friends, and the next step to accomplishing our goal of getting to Nicaragua. The month of May will be spent in Mississippi, visiting. We also want to go to the Mark Twain NF in Missouri, backpack around the Ozark foothills in a special space made of memories. But, moving on:
We were accepted to work the Ropes Course at a Kids’ Summer camp in the Adirondacks. We’ll be there June through mid-August, so we’ll be able to beat most of that Mississippi heat. I can’t wait for this next step, the good moments and the bad. It’ll be a growing experience for everyone involved.
We are going to take the megabus to camp, stopping in Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYC, and Albany. We’ll spend a few days in Chicago and NYC, as we have friends to visit and places to explore.
On the way back from the camp we’ll stop in NYC again, Boston, Washington DC, then back to Memphis.
After that it’s only a matter of time before we’re ready to jettison for Nicaragua.
So, before we leave, we’ve been accomplishing those last few things:
We went to Fossil Creek one last time, got to swim. Epically beautiful as always. Our friend and her dog made the trip extra enjoyable. I fell and roughed myself up a little bit, but I swear that magical blue water has healing properties. I’ll miss that place.
A little while back we also went to Sedona with said friend and dog. Crossed the Devil’s Bridge and looked out at the red rocks. Another incredible place that I’m glad I experienced.
Now we’re off to Antelope Canyon, Marble Canyon, and hopefully Zion. The weather here is so unpredictable and right now it’s just plain cold. Marble Canyon is the only place that’s going to be bearable at night. We’ll make it work, whatever happens.
Until then, we’re packing up, I’m learning to drive the stick shift (and getting the hang of it), and mentally preparing ourselves.
Here’s to us taking steps, and making the best of whatever comes next.