BootsnAll Travel Network



Mendoza and Buenos Aires, AGAIN

Mendoza and Buenos Aries

The weather had turned down south so a trip to Patagonia on a boat would have been next to madness. So in order so save time at the end we decided to cut straight across to Buenos Aries, at such short notice the flights were very dear so we decided to overland it on a bus.

The trip to Mendoza was quite pleasant and involved a wonderfully scenic jaunt thru the andes, the first half was new while the second half I covered in my previous post about Mendoza. We stayed there one night before taking a bus the following night to Buenos aries where we arrived the Friday morning. BA in time for the weekend, could be dodgy.

In BA we did alot of the things which I had left off my original visit intentionally so I was having the same sense of discovery as Marilyn. Such things as the graveyard in recoleta where the remains of evita lie to a walk through the streets of Palermo before sitting down to a steak which could easily contest a heavyweight prize fight such was its sheer mass and quality. The highlight of my second visit to BA was undoubtedly the Monday evening where we traversed the city from our san telmo hostel which was excellent, to somewhere close to Palermo where some school of percussion put on a weekly show for anyone that wants to hear. I heard about this event on my first trip but due to tooth problems I had to put if off until now and to be honest it was well worth the wait.

We grabbed a couple of beers and lost ourselves in a fantastic celebration of rythym. A few different conductors took turns in instructing all the 15 or so musicians, it changed it swooped and it devoured. Thoroughly high on rhythm we ventured back to san telmo and into the restaurant they call el desnivel. Set in the heart of san telmo its really impossible to miss and boy is it worth it.  Am amazing steak served with the house red which was to these lips the best I have ever tasted and at less than 4 euros for the bottle it really was a giggle to pay so less but know that I would have to pay so much more to get anything even remotely close to the quality.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *