• Sailing in a tropical storm – that in the end, lasted for 5 straight days and brought countless inches of rain
• A delicious, although improvised ‘beach bbq’ on the ship – complete with our chef cooking by headlamp
• Lots and lots of white rice
• No dolphin sightings – and not for Mel’s lack of trying
• Mud hikes – and a different definition of ‘gentle, flat walk’
• How gross it feels to not shower or wash our hair for a week – and the shock of how long leg hair can grow in that time
• More monkeys! They may look more gremlin-like then monkey-like, but how cute are they?
Not sure we’re true sailors yet, but it certainly has been an adventure we won’t soon forget. After a few (wet) days in Paraty, we’ve headed back to Rio…and hopefully some sun.
Tags: Brazil, Travel