BootsnAll Travel Network



Mermaid M and Merman B


B post snorkel

Another new world has opened up to Mel – the world under the sea.

Over the years, many of you have witnessed Mel’s sad attempts at snorkelling: the anxiety attacks, the claustrophobia, her refusal to put her head in the water.

Well we are pleased to report that Mel has successfully combated her snorkel demons. This was an especially important phobia for her to overcome, given our travel plans this year include sailing a tall ship through Brazil, spending two weeks aboard a boat in the Galapagos Islands, and cruising through the Greek islands.

Belize is renowned as having some of the best diving and snorkelling in the world, and we were not disappointed: crazy-coloured fish, an octopus, a stingray, a bunch of stuff we didn’t recognize, and of course, some great coral.

We’ve been staying at a dive resort all week (www.hamanasi.com) in Hopkins Village, and are headed to Placencia tomorrow, where we will continue to explore the world under the sea…



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Mermaid M and Merman B”

  1. Pat M Says:

    Blendy and Mel,

    I have been enjoying the vicarious travel as my travel days dwindle with the approaching birth of my first child, Yuuki Patrick(son). However, I guess I should be able to squeeze in an international conference every year with the generous research fund at my new university(Meiji). That being said I don’t think Central America will be on the agenda so thanks for doing the tour for me.

    Did you post a tentative schedule anywhere? Id don’t remember seeing it? Are you also going to South America?

    Keep the entertaining posts coming…

  2. Posted from Japan Japan
  3. admin Says:

    We did post an itinerary in the form of a map with dates (see maps on the right) but there seems to be a glitch on the site and the map isn’t showing up.

    We will sort it out and send something out so people can accesss the itin–for now the rough dates are still in the description of the map.

    Good luck daddy!

    B

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply