BootsnAll Travel Network



Padangbai

World%20Cup%20CrazyOn the way to the East coast of Bali, I saw something that really shows quite well how crazy the Balinese are about the World Cup. This was a great place to watch the games! I stopped at the port town of Padangbai to catch a ferry over to Gili Trawangan, but I liked the town and the Zen Inn so I stayed a couple days and a few more on the way back into Bali. Roland, a crazy Dutch guy, owns the Zen Inn and made it into a sweet spot to hang out. Stuff is a bit more expensive there, but he’s done quite a bit of decorating and the rooms actually have a feel to them as opposed to the typical flat 4 walls. My favorite part of his bar is that he has about 250GB worth of music on his computer and a huge selection of music DVDs. I offloaded my puny 5GB of music to his collection and changed about 20% of my playlist while I was there.

Ankor%20DutchiesIt was here that I noticed that there are a huge number of Dutch people traveling in Indonesia. At any given time in the bar there could be as many as 15 Dutch all speaking some form of Flemmish. It’s especially noticeable when Holland is playing because everyone is wearing orange.

There are two secluded beaches one with beautiful white sand and another with blackish sand. Both were very nice, quite and peaceful. The best part was you could get a full body massage for an hour on the beach for $2. Gotta love that!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *