BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 7 – Montezuma

We decided to stay in Montezuma an extra day. After breakfast, I dropped off some laundry to be done at the Soda Arrecife where they also have laundry service for 500 colonies ($1) per kilogram. Still overcast but not raining so we decided after breakfast to walk up to the Ylang-Ylang to check out the pool. It’s located about ½ mile up the beach and is not accessable by car. When we got there it was a little paradise! The pool was very nicely located in a jungle setting with a waterfall that flowed into the pool. After swimming a bit and lounging we walked back to town and had some of the best pizza I’ve ever had at Pizza Net next to Chico’s Bar.

JUNE 11 2005 - 119

I then picked my fresh and nicely folded laundry and headed to the Super Montezuma grocery store for a few 6 packs of cerveza and then drove south towards Cabuya to hang out with our new friends from Los Angeles who had invited us to their cabin. Later that evening we all met at the La Playa de las Artistas restaurant in Montezuma. It is a nice little intimate restaurant located right on the beach. The food there was AMAZING! We had smoked cheese with shrimp, salad, a huge fish that fed four, chateau breong, salad, bread, and cocktails and it only came to $17/person! Probably one of the best meals I’ve ever had!

JUNE 11 2005 - 133



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *